- Posted by Cliff Walker
- On September 14, 2021
The dictionary defines an entrepreneur as a person who organises and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so. While this does define the term properly, it barely scratches the surface as to what today’s entrepreneurs go through to become successful. Still, the hard work and sleepless night don’t seem to deter those who are serious about success as studies from around the world show us that entrepreneurship is trending in a big way.
With that in mind, we are going to take a look at some interesting statistics about today’s entrepreneurs:
· There are 582 million entrepreneurs in the world.
· There were 774,725 new businesses (established less than one year prior) in the UK at the end of Q1 2019. (1)
· As of 2019, there were 252 million female entrepreneurs worldwide. (2)
· The number of people wanting to start their own business because of their dissatisfaction with corporate America grew 27 percent this year. (3)
· More than 75% of entrepreneur-run small businesses are currently profitable. (4)
· More than half of the new businesses started in the US and the UK over the past decade are minority-owned. (5)
· 67.7 percent of the world’s wealthiest individuals (with a net worth of at least $30 million) are self-made. (6)
Steps To Becoming An Entrepreneur
As you can see, the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well and as more people begin to see the benefits of starting their own business, they will need reliable advice if they are to make it through their first year. In my experience, however, the first step in becoming an entrepreneur is to ask yourself these three very important questions:
· What are you good at?
· What do you love?
· What gives you a sense of fulfilment?
When you can answer these with commitment and surety, you will be ready for the next step which is to contact a mentor who can help you create a path toward success and financial freedom.
On your way to becoming a successful entrepreneur, you must challenge yourself. Get out of your comfort zone and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Every successful entrepreneur has made mistakes, from Thomas Edison to Elon Musk. In fact, they have made thousands of mistakes before finding the right way to make something, do something better, or sell something.
Finally, you need to visualise your goals and trust yourself enough to reach those goals. This is the challenging part for many as they are often sitting there asking themselves if they are good enough, or if they have what it takes to become successful. Stop second guessing yourself and your abilities and chase after your dreams. This is the only way that you will effectively reach your goals and be able to set new, much loftier, ones on your way to success.
Contact Cliff Walker
To learn more, contact Cliff Walker today and speak with a marketing professional who can assist you and answer any questions you might have.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.
1. Statista, 2019
2. GEM Consortium, 2019
3. Guidant Financial, 2020
4. Guidant Financial, 2020
5. SBC, 2020
6. CNBC, 2019